Covid 19 update –
Please refer to the DHHS website for the most up to date details on the current restrictions in metropolitan Melbourne.
EBR Physio is following the guidelines for the Health care sector as outlined on the Victorian Government Coronavirus website.
Our business has a COVIDSafe Plan and we are operating based on the Six principles of COVIDSafe workplaces, including maintaining physical distancing, wearing face masks, practising good hygiene and keeping attendance records of clients and staff.
With regards to our small group exercise classes we are taking precautions as follows:
Gym checklist –
to protect all of us during COVID-19 please adhere to the following checklist:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using the gym. There is a hand sanitising station just outside the bathroom
- Wear a mask to/from gym
- Maintain Physical distancing
- Bring a towel
- Bring your own water bottle
- Cleaning of equipment – Please use WOW wipes to wipe down all equipment after use.
- Stay away when you need to – Please do not attend exercise classes or physio treatment if you are unwell.
COVID-safe Guidelines at the Hydro Pool.
Connect Health require all pool users to adhere to the following:
- Physical distancing of 1.5 metres on pool deck
- Max of 12 clients per session in the pool
- Change rooms and showers are only available on exiting the pool
- Clients will need to arrive in your bathers
- Clients can only enter the building 5 mins before the class start time (early arrivals are asked to wait outside or in your car)
- There is a 15 min. gap between classes, so clients will need to leave promptly after sessions to enable the next class to begin.
- Everyone will have their temperature checked, asked COVID 19 screening questions and receive hand sanitizer on arrival.
- Cleaning protocol is in place for the pool equipment.
How is EBR Physio responding?
Practice Good Hygiene
– Frequent hand washing your hands with soap and water
– Provision of hand santiser throughout the clinic
– coughing or sneezing into a tissue or elbow and washing your hands
– social distancing – staying 1.5 metres from others when not providing direct care
– cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and objects
Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces
– Use of disinfectant solution/spray to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces between each episode of patient care.
– Clean/disinfect surfaces in areas that patients have direct contact.
EBR Physio Gym
– ‘EBR Physio Gym Use -Checklist’ to be read and agreed to by all attendees.
– Hand sanitising station provided
– Social distancing of 4 metres squared per person enforced in a group exercise space.
– physical distancing of equipment/mats so patients are kept more than 1.5m apart.
– Staggered class times to minimise cross over of patients exiting/entering group exercise space.
– Allowance of adequate time for a class to be conducted safely with respect to cleaning of equipment after every single client use. Class times may vary to accommodate this.
It is important to download the COVIDSafe app to help stay safe. The app speeds up the process of finding people who have been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19. Help stop the spread.
Find out more or download the COVIDSafe app.
Stay up-to-date with the latest COVID-19 announcements by downloading the Australian Government’s coronavirus app.
Search ‘Coronavirus Australia’ in the Apple App store and on Google Play or visit www.australia.gov.au